The Quality Assurance Tool app offers quality assessors a method to assess systematically the quality of asylum interviews and decisions based on common EU standards. The assessments are carried out through interactive electronic forms. Based on the assessments the tool gives you access to reporting functions which allow you to gain insights in the overall quality of the interviewing and decision-making processes in your office and to identify possible weaker points for which follow-up actions may be needed.
The first version of the application was launched in December 2018.
New version available herein, launched in March 2021, includes new functionalities, visual improvements, extended reporting and filtering features.
What are the main features of QAT app?
- Personal Interview assessment
- First instance decision assessment
- Detailed reports
- Options for changing the language and the reports’ cover page
Available languages: English, Greek
What about security aspects?
- QAT app does not require internet connection
- Data are saved only on your local pc or local network
- The application is open-source code
How to access the QAT app?
- Download the QAT app folder here
- Watch tutorial videos:
Tutorial video on how to install and start working with the QAT app
Tutorial video on the Personal interview and First instance decision sections
Tutorial video on the Reports section
Tutorial video on the Options functionalities
- Use User Guide for further guidance and EASO Quality Assurance Tool: Examining the application for international protection for information about the assessment methodology.
How is the QAT app working?
- Supported browsers for the QAT app are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. To save files in a desired folder on your PC or local network or to rename the files, it is necessary to adjust the setting of the browser. Guidance in this regard can be found in the User Guide, section Browser settings.
- The assessments you conduct through the app are stored in a format that can only be viewed and modified through this app. It is also possible to export the assessment forms to PDF for printing and sharing.
- A folder with Individual personal interview and First-instance decision assessments files can be used for generating reports analysing the overall quality of larger batches of cases.
- Main functionalities are available in the action button on the left side of the page.