The information contained in the EASO website is subject to a privacy statement, a copyright notice, a disclaimer and a security statement.
EASO is fully committed to user privacy.
The processing of personal data of individuals by the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) is subject to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. EASO does not collect personal information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide such information. The information we collect varies based on what you do when visiting our website. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by EASO in the manner and for the purposes set out below.
For any queries or complaints about the use of your personal data on this website you may at any time consult EASO's Data Protection Officer or have recourse to the European Data Protection Supervisor.
- If you respond to an online request for personal information:
The information requested by EASO will be used to respond to your inquiry or to provide you with the service associated with the request. When this information is requested, a specific privacy statement will describe fully the reasons for collecting it and will provide a description of EASO's intended use of the information.
- If you visit our site to read or download information:
EASO collects information on website usage (including IP addresses) for the purpose of analysing your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. EASO will not associate your IP address with any other data held by EASO.
- If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail containing personal information:
You may send us personal information in an electronic mail message. This information is used solely for responding to your requests. If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Copyright notice: © European Asylum Support Office, 2020.
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save otherwise stated.
Register of data processing records
The European Asylum Support Office (EASO) maintains a central register of records on its personal data processing activities. This is a legal obligation under Art 31 of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, the data protection regulation applicable to European Union institutions.
The records contain general information on the data processing activities, including the:
- name and contact details of the controller, the Data Protection Officer and, if applicable, the processor, the co-controller(s) and the joint controller(s);
- purposes of processing;
- categories of data subjects and personal data;
- categories of recipients to whom personal data is disclosed;
- transfers of personal data to a third country or international organisation and suitable safeguards, if applicable;
- envisaged time limits for erasure of the different categories of data;
- technical and organisational data protection security measures.
EASO updates the central register as and when necessary.
Personal data processing records:
- Record on Article 90s 2021 35
- Record on vaccination campaign EASO GR 2021 34
- Record on vaccination campaign EASO MT 2021 33
- Record on vaccination campaign EASO MT Op 2021 32
- Record on EASO’s 2021 Staff Engagement Survey 2021 31
- Record on Administrative Inquiries and Disciplinary Proceedings 2020 30
- Record on IDS Platform 2020 29
- Record on SCM Contacts Management 2020 28
- Record on Queries Portal 2020 27
- Record on eRecruitment 2020 26
- Record on Business continuity and emergency alert management system 2020 25
- Record on Social Media Monitoring Reports 2019 24 - temporary ban on processing imposed by EDPS on 30 Sep 2019
Specific Privacy Statements
- Privacy Notice Article 90
- EASO: Administrative inquiries and disciplinary proceedings
- EASO Meetings and Events
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- Asylum Intervention Pool
- Training and Expert Pool
- E-Learning Platform
- EASO Newsletter
- EASO Press Releases
EASO maintains this website to enhance public access to information related to its activities and to information in the field of asylum and international protection.
EASO aims at offering accurate, high quality and up to date information. However, this information is of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity, nor is it intended as a professional or legal advice.
Neither EASO nor any person acting on its behalf may be held responsible for the use which may be made of the information contained in the EASO website.
The EASO website provides links to third-party websites. Since we do not manage them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Please note that it cannot be guaranteed that a document available online exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only European Union legislation published in paper editions of the Official Journal of the European Union is deemed authentic.
You should also note that EASO does not have powers on individual applications for international protection, which are analysed and decided by the Member States' asylum authorities.
Our goal is to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. EASO accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit EASO's liability in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
Brexit content disclaimer
EASO is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.
For website security purposes and to ensure that it remains available to all users, network traffic is monitored to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information on this website or otherwise cause damage or conduct criminal activity.
Anyone using this website is advised that if such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, results of such monitoring might be provided to the appropriate authorities.
Servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as the date and time of your visit, your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, browser screen size, and one or more cookies that identify your browser. The information we collect is only used to compile statistics, on an aggregated basis, on the usage of our site.