An important method for communicating with civil society takes place on the basis of electronic consultations. The Consultative Forum members are consulted on many of EASO's key documents. Electronic consultations are open to all members of the Consultative Forum and are used as much as possible as they ensure the broadest possible outreach, facilitating organisations to contribute in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, some consultations may also, for various reasons, be restricted to selected CF members. In those cases, selection is carried out on the basis of the following set of selection criteria:
- Relevance – of the organisation’s participation vis-à-vis the theme(s) discussed by the Consultative Forum.
- Knowledge and Expertise – degree of knowledge and expertise in the area(s) being dealt with by the Consultative Forum.
- Availability – of the organisation to get involved in the work of the Consultative Forum.
- Involvement at national and EU level – degree of involvement of the organisation in the relevant area(s) at national and EU level (European orientation).
- Affiliation – of the organisation in relevant networks/groups.
- Relationship – of the organisation with EASO and/or involvement in EU Practical cooperation measures/training/academic activities in the field of asylum.
Overview of planned consultations with civil society in 2021
|Consultation Description||Deadline||Target Audience||Status|
|Thursday 25 February||Civil society organisations||Closed|
Consultation on the Staff Welfare Guide
|N/A||Civil society organisations||Q1|
Call for feedback on the EASO 2022 Work Programme
|Monday 15 March||Civil society organisations||Closed|
Consultation on the EASO Case Law Database
|N/A||Civil society organisations||Q2/Q3|
Call for feedback on the EASO General Report 2020
|N/A||Civil society organisations||Q3|
|Evaluation survey of the 2021 EASO Asylum Report||N/A||Civil society organisations||Q3/4|