An important method for communicating with civil society takes place on the basis of electronic consultations. The Consultative Forum members are consulted on many of EASO's key documents. Electronic consultations are open to all members of the Consultative Forum and are used as much as possible as they ensure the broadest possible outreach, facilitating organisations to contribute in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, some consultations may also, for various reasons, be restricted to selected CF members. In those cases, selection is carried out on the basis of the following set of selection criteria:
- Relevance – of the organisation’s participation vis-à-vis the theme(s) discussed by the Consultative Forum.
- Knowledge and Expertise – degree of knowledge and expertise in the area(s) being dealt with by the Consultative Forum.
- Availability – of the organisation to get involved in the work of the Consultative Forum.
- Involvement at national and EU level – degree of involvement of the organisation in the relevant area(s) at national and EU level (European orientation).
- Affiliation – of the organisation in relevant networks/groups.
- Relationship – of the organisation with EASO and/or involvement in EU Practical cooperation measures/training/academic activities in the field of asylum.
The table below provides an overview of the planned consultations for 2019:
|Consultation Description||Deadline||Target Audience||Status|
The Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU is one EASO's flagship products. It includes a comprehensive analysis of relevant statistics, as well as information on important asylum related developments at EU+ and national level and on the practical functioning of the CEAS.
|Thursday 7 March||Consultative Forum Members||See Input|
This Survey seeks input on what theme the Consultative Forum meetings should focus on and asks for ideas and suggestions as to how you would like to see the meetings implememented.
|Friday 15 February||Consultative Forum Members||Closed|
|Call for civil society feedback on the EASO 2020 Work Programme||Wednesday 20 February||Consultative Forum Members||Closed|
|Annual General Report 2018||Consultative Forum Members||Closed|
|Consultation Request on the Judiciary Analysis on Legal Standards for the Reception of Applicants for International Protection||Friday 20 September||Consultative Forum Members||Closed|
Should you require any further information with regards to a particular consultation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.