An important method for communicating with civil society takes place on the basis of electronic consultations. The Consultative Forum members are consulted on many of EASO's key documents. Electronic consultations are open to all members of the Consultative Forum and are used as much as possible as they ensure the broadest possible outreach, facilitating organisations to contribute in a cost-effective manner. Additionally, some consultations may also, for various reasons, be restricted to selected CF members. In those cases, selection is carried out on the basis of the following set of selection criteria:
- Relevance – of the organisation’s participation vis-à-vis the theme(s) discussed by the Consultative Forum.
- Knowledge and Expertise – degree of knowledge and expertise in the area(s) being dealt with by the Consultative Forum.
- Availability – of the organisation to get involved in the work of the Consultative Forum.
- Involvement at national and EU level – degree of involvement of the organisation in the relevant area(s) at national and EU level (European orientation).
- Affiliation – of the organisation in relevant networks/groups.
- Relationship – of the organisation with EASO and/or involvement in EU Practical cooperation measures/training/academic activities in the field of asylum.
Overview of planned consultations with civil society in 2020
|Consultation Description||Deadline||Target Audience||Status|
Call for feedback on the EASO Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU in 2018
|Friday 7 February||Civil society organisations||Closed|
|Thursday 30 April||Civil society organisations||Open|
|Call for input to the 2019 EASO Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU||Tuesday 10 March||Civil society organisations||Closed|
|Call for feedback on the EASO Annual General Report 2019||TBC||Civil society organisations||Q2|
|Call for input on the EASO Judicial Analysis on vulnerability in the context of applications for international protection||TBC||Civil society organisations||Q3|
|Call for input of best practices concerning staff welfare for frontline workers||TBC||Civil society organisations||TBC|
|Call for input on the EASO Training on communication skills for asylum practitioners||TBC||Civil society organisations||Q3-4|
|Call for input on EASO Guidance on staff welfare for frontline workers||TBC||Civil society organisations||Q3-4|
Should you require any further information with regards to a particular consultation, please contact us by email.