Press release: UN High Commissioner for Refugees, António Guterres visits EASO
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Mr António Guterres opened the 15th Management Board meeting, as a special guest, with a presentation on global forced displacement and protection challenges, with particular focus on the responses in the European Union. The presentation was followed by an exchange of views with the EASO Management Board representatives.
See the press release
Press release: Commissioner Malmström visits EASO
Commissioner for Home Affairs, Cecilia Malmström visited the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) on 4 September to discuss EASO’s achievements and the progress made by EASO in enhancing the implementation of the Common European Asylum System, as well as to discuss the latest asylum trends.
See the press release.
(source: European Commission broadcasting services)
EASO issues open call for input on Annual Report and Activity Report
EASO has issued an open call for civil society to provide input on EASO’s 2013 Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU and on its Annual Activity Report for 2013. More information can be found here.
Civil society organisations not yet registered to the EASO Consultative Forum may apply here.
EASO issues Newsletter July-August
The EASO Newsletter for July-August 2014 has been issued and can be found here. Previous newsletters are available here. In this edition you will find the following:
- -Editorial p1
- -EASO publishes Annual Report p1
- -EASO participates in the informal JHA Council p1
- -Parliament appoints Juncker as Commission President p3
- -Latest asylum trends p4
- -EASO Training Curriculum p5
- -Overview of EASO training activities p5
- -Dublin III Regulation module p5
- -Activities on Unaccompanied Children p6
- -EASO participates in German Parliament hearing p7
- -Upcoming event: EASO to present annual reports at the European Parliament p7
- -Upcoming event: EASO’s 15th Management Board meeting p7
- -Interim assessment on the implementation of the EASO Operating Plan for Greece p7
- -EASO implements the first activity in Cyprus p8
- -EASO organises study visit to Denmark and Sweden p8
- -EASO Practical Cooperation Workshop on Ukraine p9
- -EASO organises COI Portal training in Greece p9
- -EASO notices (including vacancies) p10
To subscribe, go to this page
Press release: Interim assessment on the implementation of the EASO Operating Plan for Greece
EASO published an interim assessment on the implementation of the EASO Operating Plan for Greece. This interim assessment report looks into the state of implementation of the EASO support measures (contained in the EASO Operating Plan for Greece), compares the current situation with the situation in March 2011, identifies the changes made till end of May 2014 and highlights where further efforts are needed.
See the press release
See the assessment
EASO published Quarterly Asylum Report
EASO published its Quarterly Asylum Report for the first quarter of 2014. The Quarterly report aims at providing an overview of key asylum trends by analysing data regarding applications for international protection made by asylum seekers and decisions made on those applications by European Member States and Associated countries.
The report is available here.
Previous reports can be found here.
Press release and conference: EASO Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the European Union in 2013 and Latest Asylum Trends in Europe
EASO published the Annual Report on the Situation of Asylum in the EU in 2013 as well as a document on the Latest Asylum Trends in Europe.
Press Release annual report
Press Release latest asylum trends
EASO Annual Report
A press conference was held with Commissioner Cecilia Malmström and EASO’s Executive Director and can be seen in the videozone.
EASO participated in hearing in the German Parliament
On 2 July, EASO’s Executive Director participated in a hearing on the EU asylum policy organised by the Deutcher Bundestag (the German Parliament). To see a video of the event, held in German, click here. Other videos on EASO can be found here.
EASO issued Newsletter June
The EASO Newsletter for June 2014 has been issued and can be found here. Previous newsletters are available here. In this edition you will find the following:
- -EASO at German Parliament’s hearing p1
- -EASO to provide support to Cyprus p1
- -Kick-off meeting for EASO activities in Cyprus p2
- -EASO to launch Annual Report p3
- -EASO to publish COI Report on Somalia p3
- -EASO conducts field visit in Jordan p3
- -EASO holds info day p4
- -Latest asylum trends p6
- -Overview of EASO training activities p7
- -Regional training sessions p7
- -New EASO training module for managers p8
- -EASO Quality Matrix thematic meeting on identification of persons with special needs p8
- -Update on support activities to Bulgaria p9
- -EU signs working arrangement with Switzerland p9
- -Kick-off meeting COI Specialist Network on the Russian Federation p10
- -EASO hosts third GPS meeting p10
- -EASO notices (including vacancies) p11
To subscribe, go to this page
EU signed arrangement with the Swiss Confederation on its participation in the work of EASO
EASO welcomes the arrangement, signed today in Brussels, between the European Union and the Swiss Confederation on the modalities of its participation in EASO. See press release
(Picture copyright: Council of the European Union)